About JumpStart Inc.
JumpStart is a non-profit venture development organization whose mission is to unlock the full potential of entrepreneurship to transform entire communities and our vision is to collaborate with partners to generate dramatically improved and inclusive economic outcomes by supporting diverse entrepreneurs, optimizing entrepreneurial ecosystems, and accelerating innovation.
Key to JumpStart’s success is its ability to leverage the skills, experience and creativity of its inspired team to transform entrepreneurial aspirations into actions with measurable impact. JumpStart leaders and teammates take great pride in JumpStart being a highly demanding yet incredibly fun place to work.
The Multimedia Designer is responsible for bringing the JumpStart brand to life through innovative graphic design, photography and multimedia content for JumpStart and its audiences. In conjunction with the Director of Digital Marketing, the Multimedia Designer will leverage their own talents and skills, as well as those of external agencies, to help JumpStart realize it’s mission and effectively engage its audiences. This is done through visual communications solutions such as print assets, event production, digital properties and other multimedia content in collaboration with the Marketing team.
The Multimedia Designer must:
- Consider creative visual development from a holistic perspective and offer strategic solutions to both simple and complex scenarios.
- Be self-driven, proactive and comfortable making informed decisions that fulfill
Client Support (5%)
- Provide marketing assistance to JumpStart and external clients.
- Review current materials and make recommendations for maximum impact.
- Provide effective and accessible tools and resources for staff to maintain visual brand standards for day-to-day and unique use cases.
- Apply knowledge of creative iteration, marketing strategy and business-oriented design in order to produce measurable results.
- Be a strategic partner beyond the creative process by aligning with organizational goals to develop tailored solutions.
Resource/Asset Management (10%)
- Lead internal processes related to marketing and communications work including, but not limited to:
- The direction, collection, storage and communication of all digital assets for JumpStart needs, including all photography needs.
- The identification, sourcing, production, and QC for all digital, audio, print vendors and contracted creative services.
- Manage all print and design-related vendor relationships.
- Support staff and Marketing-related events and other duties as necessary.
- This position has no direct reports. Occasional intern management will be expected on a project basis.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Modest physical activity required for lifting and moving office supplies, equipment, and furniture on occasion
- Normal professional office environment
- Eligible for hybrid work agreement
- A willingness to live and work in the Cleveland area.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication, media production or similar field.
- 3-5 years of professional graphic design experience at a company, agency or other professional employer.
- Progressive experience in design and production with adherence to brand standards and production specs, as well as typography, color and compositional principles.
- Experience in visual brand development for startups and small businesses a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personals Characteristics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (especially PowerPoint)
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Digital photography and photo retouching
Preferred Additional Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personals Characteristics
- Microsoft SharePoint/Office 365
JumpStart’s Core Values and Key Cultural Behaviors
- Accountability: Act to deliver on commitments and generate results, and if expectations aren’t clear, ask.
- Entrepreneurial: Embrace opportunity, continuous improvement, and change, and contribute to the solution as we evolve.
- Equity: Committed to corrective action regarding historically underserved and underrepresented populations through entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Energy: Address our work with focus, grit and enthusiasm.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with others to play our most helpful role(s) and to increase effectiveness.
- Humility: Balance self-assurance with listening to understand, having an open mind, and demonstrating patience.
JumpStart’s Definitions for Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
- Diversity: A measure of psychological, demographic, physical, and social differences occurring among any and all individuals in a specific group; including but not limited to racial identity, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, age, gender identification, sexual orientation, culture, developmental ability, and learning styles.
- Inclusion: The act of promoting and maintaining an environment in which diverse groups of individuals are welcomed, respected, supported, valued, and empowered. An environment prioritizing differences and offers respect and acceptance in the words/actions/thoughts of all people.
- Equity: An acknowledgment and understanding there are historically underserved and underrepresented populations, and corrective action regarding these unbalanced conditions is needed to eliminate barriers and guarantee equality in the provision of fair treatment, access opportunity, and advancement in the provision of effective opportunities to all groups.
- Emphasis Statement: Historically, African Americans, Latinx people, and women have been economically disenfranchised and disconnected from innovation and entrepreneurship. For these reasons, we place an emphasis on these populations as we work to diversify our culture and be inclusive in our daily interactions and decisions.
JumpStart’s Operating Style | JumpStart team members are expected to be:
- Honest: We speak the truth, plainly and simply, kindly and considerately. We will challenge you as we seek to accomplish great things. And we hope you will do the same with us.
- Responsive: We respond rapidly to your inquiries and actively communicate so we are all on the same page.
- Resourceful: We will be creative and efficient in helping you to access relationships, contacts and other resources to help you succeed.
- Insightful: We will provide the knowledge and insight about entrepreneurship and innovation you aren’t able to easily get from others
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of JumpStart. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.