Entrepreneur Engagement Coordinator
About Rev1 Ventures Rev1 Ventures is the startup studio that combines capital and strategic services to help startups scale and corporates innovate. Based in the Midwest, and in a top city for scaling startups, Rev1 aligns innovators and founders with corporate and research partners to access customers and markets, helping entrepreneurs build great companies. Rev1 has invested in more than 130 companies and is recognized among the most active seed investors in the U.S. Six core values drive our work: Entrepreneur Focused, Ingrained Inclusion, Integrity, Collaboration, Persistent Curiosity, and Impact Driven.
The Entrepreneur Engagement Coordinator will be the first touch point for the more than 700 entrepreneurs who reach out to Rev1 each year, helping to quickly connect them to startup resources available within Rev1, among our Corporate Partners, and throughout the broader regional, state and national startup communities. You’ll join our Columbus South Campus Gateway office (hybrid workplan while current COVID considerations are in place) on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate will be passionate about entrepreneurship and a natural “connector” – someone who thrives in a fast-paced customer/client-facing role. This team member works cross-functionally with the broader Rev1 team to guide new clients appropriately based on their unique concepts and needs. They will also be responsible for managing Rev1’s intake process and the resulting client information to identify trends and actionable recommendations. Reporting to the Managing Director, Market Intelligence & Data Analytics, this team member will be an excellent communicator and team-builder who can work cross-functionally with entrepreneurs, Rev1 team members, Corporate Partners, and startup community peers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as the first touchpoint for Rev1’s full range of deal flow to quickly determine if a startup opportunity is an initial fit for Rev1. Support qualified entrepreneurs by managing exploratory meetings with Rev1/Corporate team members.
- Create seamless handoffs for entrepreneurs between the intake process and the next step on their journey, including referrals, Rev1’s Customer Learning Lab, Client Engagement planning, etc.
- As an initial point of contact, support relationships with partners to which Rev1 refers entrepreneurs. The ideal candidate will be a natural connector and strategic thinker about how to optimize these partnerships.
- Track intake activity across business functions to identify trends and opportunities. The ideal candidate will bring actionable recommendations to the business based on client data collected throughout the intake pipeline.
- Report on entrepreneur opportunities, including regular pipeline updates for the company and leadership. Once trained, the ideal candidate will be comfortable managing their activities within our CRM (Salesforce).
- Participate in special projects, events and communications to support the strategic goals of Rev1.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a relevant field. 1-3 years’ experience in a high-touch, customer/client-facing role, or translatable experience.
- Experience working with startups, small businesses, entrepreneurs, etc. is a plus, as is experience managing or supporting a client pipeline process.
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact with entrepreneurs, corporate and community partners, and across all levels of the organization, exercising a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact and diplomacy
- Highly professional at all times with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Curiosity-focused with keen instincts; able to manage, analyze and translate client activity into easily understandable trends, insights, and recommendations.
- Comfortable working on a diverse team: we believe that gender, racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity are key elements in startup success, and we foster this belief on our own team as well.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and take full ownership of the function, and has a strong network of highly capable, affordable resources.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Experience and connections into the Columbus region’s entrepreneur and innovation ecosystem.
- Competitive compensation package comprising a base salary plus performance-based bonus
- Collaborative work environment
- Access to the hottest tech startups and trends
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) matching
- Health, dental, vision benefits
Location: Rev1 Ventures - Columbus, Ohio
COVID-19 Vaccinations are mandatory and are a condition of employment at Rev 1 Ventures. Reasonable accommodations will be considered". Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and able to work 8am-5pm Monday – Friday with some night and weekend availability to attend related events.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rev1 Ventures does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.