Manager, Mentor Program
Rev1 Ventures is an investor startup studio that combines capital and strategic services to help startups scale and corporates innovate. Based in the Midwest, and a top city for scaling startups, Rev1 aligns innovators and founders with corporate and research partners to access customers and markets, helping entrepreneurs build great companies. Rev1 has invested in more than 130 companies and is recognized among the most active seed investors in the U.S. Six core values drive our work: Entrepreneur Focused, Ingrained Inclusion, Integrity, Collaboration, Persistent Curiosity, and Impact Driven.
We know that women and entrepreneurs of color have greater success when they have access to culturally-appropriate mentors, peer groups, and active networks. Through a new initiative partially funded by the Economic Development Administration, Rev1 has launched a three-year effort to provide these founders access to a network of experienced, diverse executives who provide one-on-one support, advice, and networking for diverse founders at the concept and seed stages.
The Mentor Program Manager will manage our new Grow to Scale Mentor Program. You’ll get connected to dozens of talented, diverse, high-performing professionals while providing support and resources for our clients. Successful team members in this role will achieve hands-on experience in high-impact program management, relationship management, community-building, and event-planning.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Entrepreneur and Inclusion Programs, the successful candidate for this role will be mission-driven, customer-focused, and passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Manage Rev1’s Grow to Scale Mentor Program, expanding the program to match more culturally competent mentors with Rev1 clients, including sourcing and onboarding mentors, building and managing programming and ensuring client success.
· Develop new learning and cohort-based networking opportunities for diverse founders addressing barriers specific to women and entrepreneurs of color.
· Manage ongoing feedback and evaluation of mentor program and help ensure diverse clients access the full suite of Rev1’s Startup Studio services.
· Contribute to client success through support of key Studio programs, including learning labs, networking events, and other programs as needed.
· Provide regular reporting of program metrics and progress to the leadership team.
· This is a paid, two-year position, partially funded by a federal grant from the Economic Development Agency, that provides potential opportunities for growth within Rev1 or among our client base.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or other relevant field
· 3+ years’ experience coordinating high-impact programs and/or events, including budget and project management.
· Excellent people skills: you’re a strong communicator who thrives in a customer-facing role, interacting with entrepreneurs, students, partners, and all levels of the organization, exercising a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact and diplomacy.
· Comfort and experience with tracking data and reporting on program outcomes.
· Comfort working on a diverse team: we believe that gender, racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity are key elements in startup success, and we foster this belief on our own team as well.
· An entrepreneurial mindset with the willingness to roll up your sleeves, learn new things and contribute where and when needed.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
· Experience and connections into the Columbus region’s entrepreneur and innovation ecosystem.
· Competitive compensation package comprising a base salary plus performance-based bonus
· Collaborative work environment
· Access to the hottest tech startups and trends
· Generous paid time off
· 401(k) matching
· Health, dental, vision benefits
Location: Rev1 Ventures - Columbus, Ohio
Rev1 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment based on an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We value diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business: the startups we support, our partners, our programs, and our team. We work hard to source a diverse pipeline of candidates for every role. We know that talented people often come from a variety educational backgrounds, experiences, and connections that typically aren’t found in our industry. We cut through that. We want to know who you are, what you can do, and what you can become regardless of what your resume might say. We look forward to connecting with you about this role.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and able to work 8am-5pm Monday – Friday with some night and weekend availability to attend related events. COVID-19 Vaccinations are mandatory and are a condition of employment at Rev 1 Ventures. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.